Friday, January 13, 2012

New Paint Job


The final step in construction was to see how/if I could mimic the bark on a palm tree. I do confess I am not much of an artist. I asked for some advice from my son after the first go around..
His comment " You can do better"...
 I think we did. We worked together to streak the paint and this is the final finish.
 Here is the completed line up. Two 8x8x36 and Two 10x10x36. If I get time I am going to try and finish a couple more before delivery to Harlingen.

4 comments:

  1. Yes they are Native. I believe this is the northern most native population.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, they're not Native. The only Parrot Native to N America is the Carolina Parakeet, now extinct due to poachers, and farmers attempting to protect their crops. Most Conures come from N E, Central, and S E S America. I'm curious, though, what kind of Conure is that? Have you had any success with the nest boxes? http://jayteesquakerparrots.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. jaytee,
    The nest boxes have been delivered and should be installed in the next couple of weeks. I will keep you posted on and success we have.

    ReplyDelete